General Information

General Information


How do I know if my class has been confirmed?
Once you are enrolled on a course, we will only contact you if your class is postponed or cancelled. To guarantee that you are kept informed, please make payment at the time of your enrolment.

How can I pay for my course?
Payment by debit/credit card can be made online and is quick and easy.  If you prefer, select 'Internet banking' as the payment option at the time of enrolment. Please ensure the funds reach us within three working days of registration or your enrolment could be cancelled.  Alternatively payment can be made by cash or EFTPOS at our centre.

Please note: Your course registration will not be guaranteed until we receive full payment of course fees - secure your place today!

Will I get a receipt for my payment?
Yes! Course instructions and your receipts will be emailed to you at the time of enrolment.  If you have not received these emails please ensure we have your correct contact details and check your junk/spam folders.

What do my course fees cover?
Course fees cover tuition only (unless otherwise stated).  If your course requires materials, additional fees may apply.  We will advise you of this before your course starts.

How will I find my classroom?
Find the location of your classroom through your email by using our easy to read map, or simply come to the main office on the first night.

Where can I Park?
All of our parking is free of charge to students. There are three dedicated carparks at the top of school.  Limited parking is available in the quad area and on Pleasant Street.  Please ensure your vehicle does not block access to any driveways or access routes as emergency vehicles need clear access at all times.

I'm Disabled, can I access classrooms?
Many of our classrooms are accessible to users with disabilities.  Please contact us to ensure your classroom location is suitable and your needs can be accomodated.

What if I need to miss a session?
Please let us, or your tutor know if you are going to be absent.  It may be possible to support your learning in another way, and it's always polite to tell us.

Will I be refunded if a class is cancelled?

Our courses need to bring the right number of people together to make learning great. Sometimes this means we have to postpone, or cancel a planned course. If your course does not have enough enrolments, we will let you know by email.  We work hard to get a course started, so sometimes a course is cancelled at the last minute.  We apologise for the incovenience, but rest assured you will be sent a text as well as an email to let you know as soon as we do.  To avoid disappointment, please make sure we have your up to date contact details and check your emails regularly (including junk/spam folders).

Will I be refunded if a class is cancelled?
If your class is does not start at all, we will refund 100% of the fee paid.

Will I be refunded if I cancel my enrolment?

If you wish to cancel your enrolment we will refund 50% of the fee paid, if you do so more than 5 working days before the course start date. We regret that we are unable to offer any refund if you cancel after your course has started.

I changed my mind, can I try another class instead?
No problem! You can use any fee paid in the same calendar year as credit against any of our classes before the class has started. A  $10 fee per transfer is payable and you will need to pay any difference in the course fees additionally.

Why was my session cancelled?
Sessions may be cancelled or postponed due to tutor sickness or other unforeseen circumstances.  We will do our best to notify you as soon as possible and will try to offer alternative session(s) to ensure that your course is completed as advertised.  We regret that it is not always possible to offer alternative sessions at the same time as advertised.

I'm on a temporary visa/ am a Non-Resident: 
If we receive government funding for a course, this funding is only forNZ Residents and Citizens. If you choose to attend a government-funded course and are not a NZ Resident or Citzen, you will be asked to pay double the advertised fee. Please contact us to confirm the course fee payable.

My details have changed.
Please do let us know of any changes to your email, work or home address.  Ensure we have your current mobile phone number so we can keep you informed about changes to your course and any other important information.

Can I get assistance to join a course (Training Incentive Allowance)?
Contact your local Work & Income New Zealand (WINZ) office to enquire about assistance to undertaking employment-related courses.

Can people under 16 attend courses?
t is not normally possible to attend courses if you are under 16.  Students under 16 years old can only attend courses with the express permission of the Director and Principal - contact us for details.

Can I get a Certificate of Attendance?
Students who attend more than 80% of a course can request a Certificate of Attendance if you let your tutor know you'd like one before your last session.

Do classes run on public holidays?
There are no classes on public holidays.

What should I do in an Emergency?
Please take note of the emergency/evacuation procedures in your classroom.  Ensure you are aware of the route to follow in the event of an evacuation, and where to assemble. 

In the event of an emergency, please follow any instructions provided by your tutor or Onehunga Adult Learning Centre staff. If you need Fire, Police or an ambulance in an emergency dial 111.

What happens to my feedback/class photographs?
We reserve the right to use any feedback or photographs in our promotional material, including social media and print advertising.  Your consent is implied unless you notify us otherwise.

Can I smoke?
Onehunga Adult Learning Centre is proud to be smoke-free.  Smoking, includding the use of e-cigarrettes and vapes, is not permitted anywhere on the school grounds.

Where can I read your policies?
Our Community Learning Centres Advisory Committee together with our Boards of Trustees set all policies and assist in our community development programmes. Copies of all policies are available from the school office. We acknowledge some Adult Education funding is provided through the Tertiary Education Commission.

Does Onehunga Adult Learning Centre fund community groups?
We support many community groups. Phone us if you would like more information on how we can support your classes.